Motoroutes

Review Detail

Balkan Adventure.Pt 2. Brgat (Croatian/Bosnian border) to Sarajevo
Routes
Written by Aussie Multistrada     February 12, 2013    
The road Brgat (Croatia) to Trebinje (Bosnia) is not shown on Google maps this is why this route was started at Trebinje. Also when I got to the town of Stolac I rode to the town of Buna before I went onto the City of Mostar. Again Google maps doesn't have this road mapped.

The road from Brgat to Trebinje was suprisingly good, the road was either new or resealed. It's a long winding road all the way to Trebinje with few tight corners. Single lane in both directions.

Towards Mostar, again its long sweeping roads, most of it in very good condition the rest of the road is in average condition with a few parts of it is being prepared for resurfacing. Its all single lane in both directions with a lot of opportunity to over take. The few cars I did see, did do some go speeds and I didn't see any Police here.

Out of Mostar and the road to Konjic is amazing, your riding through the "NERETVA Canyon" and parallel to the river "NERETVA" the road is superb and the surface is great. Its single lane in both directions with a lot of over taking opportunities.

Once in Konjic like any city you have slow down. From here you have 80 km to Sarajevo, once your out of Konjic you have a slow climb up before you get to to what I called the fun portions. Here it becomes an up hill climb and the road becomes two lanes going up and its great fun. Its a good sealed surface with a lot of twists and turns.
Once you get to the top you go through a tunnel and it's down the mountain. Then it's a slow easy cruise into historical Sarajevo.
Overall rating 

User Overall Summary 

Scenery 

Corners 

Road Surface 

Traffic 

Passing 

Police and speed enforcement 

Aussie Multistrada Reviewed by Aussie Multistrada February 12, 2013
Top 50 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (0)

Balkan Adventure.Pt 2. Brgat (Croatian) to (Bosnia) Trbinje - Stolac - Buna - Mostar - Sarajevo.

The road Brgat (Croatia) to Trebinje (Bosnia) is not shown on Google maps this is why this route was started at Trebinje. Also when I got to the town of Stolac I rode to the town of Buna before I went onto the City of Mostar. Again Google maps doesn't have this road mapped.

The road from Brgat to Trebinje was suprisingly good, the road was either new or resealed. It's a long winding road all the way to Trebinje with few tight corners. Single lane in both directions.

Towards Mostar, again its long sweeping roads, most of it in very good condition the rest of the road is in average condition with a few parts of it is being prepared for resurfacing. Its all single lane in both directions with a lot of opportunity to over take. The few cars I did see, did do some go speeds and I didn't see any Police here.

Out of Mostar and the road to Konjic is amazing, your riding through the "NERETVA Canyon" and parallel to the river "NERETVA" the road is superb and the surface is great. Its single lane in both directions with a lot of over taking opportunities.

Once in Konjic like any city you have slow down. From here you have 80 km to Sarajevo, once your out of Konjic you have a slow climb up before you get to to what I called the fun portions. Here it becomes an up hill climb and the road becomes two lanes going up and its great fun. Its a good sealed surface with a lot of twists and turns.
Once you get to the top you go through a tunnel and it's down the mountain. Then it's a slow easy cruise into historical Sarajevo.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments